From the Raynaud Allee Royale collection. Limoges Porcelain.
|Name||Allee Royale Medium Oval Platter|
|Categories||All, Formal China, Registry|
Founded in 1849, the Montjovis manufacture was built on the hill bearing the same name, alongside eleven porcelain manufactures.
Under Napoleon III, it became famous for its technically complex works. This industrial "tour de force" mainly resides in achieving the harmony of colors resulting from years of research, opening the way to infinite combinations of fade-resistant decorations still used by porcelain makers.
The Montjovis kiln is the only one left today, on the original location of the Raynaud manufacture.
Martial Raynaud bought Montjovis in 1919. The firm soon grew to become RAYNAUD & Co in 1925, and stated its ambition with this now well-known hallmark: an R with a laurel branch.
While promoting the firm's international development, he also followed great artistic trends, and created the famous czarina cups, still in the collection.
Andre Raynaud, who succeeded his father in 1952, brought the many facets of his personality to the firm. While preserving its time-honored know-how, he introduced industrial innovations allowing to develop new techniques, to design new creations and reproduce old pieces.
These industrial investments enabled Andre Raynaud to considerably expand his centers of interest: reproduce the East India Company's amazing ...